1. Navigation
  2. Inhalt
  3. Herausgeber
Inhalt

Buildings

Interior view of the building

Interior view of the building
(© Saxon State Chancellery)

Architectural Features

The building complex of the Representative Office of the Free State of Saxony was originally constructed with a front building, side wing, and a transverse in 1905 by the Berlin-based architects Reimer & Körte. The complex is located on 1016 square meters of land, and is a listed building of Berlin's district Mitte.

It was previously owned by the Berlinische Feuer-Versicherungs-Anstalt. The handsome property was adapted over time to its historical neighbour buildings - the 'Galgenhaus', and the Nicolai House (both are museums of the City Museum Foundation Berlin): The ashlar-clad street facade is decorated with ornaments reminiscent of both baroque and art nuveau styles.

Some of the interior features are notable for architecture enthusiasts as well:

  • beautiful stucco ornaments on the cross vaults,
  • oak wooden paneling,
  • wall decorations of natural stone imitations,
  • marble tiles floors, and
  • leaded stained-glass windows.

Marginalspalte


Illustration

© Institution